Terms & Conditions – Updated October 2023
It is important that each guest has the opportunity to enjoy their stay at Briarfields Motel & Touring Park. These terms and conditions, which are designed to benefit all guests, set out the general standards of conduct and behaviour expected whist visiting us. All bookings are accepted subject to these terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Accommodation on the park is provided on the condition that all the rules and instructions given by the management are observed. Any person in breach of these rules will be asked to leave the park and no refund will be given.
- Briarfields Motel & Touring Park is an adult only site and can only accommodate guests over the age of 18.
- Persons under 18 years are not permitted on the park.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission when this appears to be necessary in the interests of park guests.
Deposits, Payments and Balances
- A 20% deposit is required for all bookings
- The balance is due at least 28 days prior to arrival.
- A reminder will be sent approximately 31 days prior to arrival and you can pay your balance over the telephone, online or in person.
- Provisional bookings (bookings made without a deposit) are held for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Minimum stays – bookings are subject to minimum booking periods set out on the Pitch Prices webpage.
- Please note: deposits are strictly non-refundable unless covered by Briarfields cancellation cover whatever the circumstance.
- Bookings for Cheltenham Gold Cup Festival can be made throughout the year and a £50 non-refundable deposit will secure your booking; full payment is required by the end of November preceding racing the following March.
- Conditions and prices may change without prior notice.
- Advance bookings accepted by us will be charged at the prices applicable at the time of booking.
- Prices include VAT at the current rate at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to adjust the VAT when required by legislation.
- Our VAT registration number is 106321167
Cancellations and/or Amendments
For cancellations which are not covered by Briarfields Cancellation Cover:
- Deposits are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable (unless covered by Briarfields cancellation cover) whatever the circumstance.
- If cancellation is made with more than 28 days prior to the start of your stay, no refunds will be given, (unless covered by Briarfields Cancellation plan), however, we may be able to allow a transfer of dates within the same year, subject to availability. This may only be done once.
- No refunds or booking amendments are available within 28 days of your arrival date.
- If we are able to re-let the accommodation within the 28 day period we may in some circumstances be able to offer you a pro rata credit towards a future stay.
- Events such as vehicle break-down, illness or inclement weather which may result in delayed arrival, or failure to arrive, are not the park’s responsibility
- Refunds cannot be made for any amendments made to bookings on arrival or during your stay.
- Site access is via an Automatic Number Plate Recognition Camera (ANPR).
- Please register your number plate(s) at reception when you check-in.
- All visitors must be at least 18 years must call in at reception before entering the park.
Arrivals and Departures
- Arrival times for touring, camping, glamping and the motel are between 1pm and 7pm.
- Early/Late arrivals are not permitted unless by prior arrangement
- Please call into reception on arrival where you will be given all the necessary paperwork and information.
- Arrivals after between 5:30pm and 7pm will be contacted on the day of arrival; given the relevant information and the paperwork will be left in the late arrivals box at reception.
- Whilst we cannot guarantee specific pitches; we do try to satisfy your special requests contained within your booking.
- You need to vacate the park by 11am at the latest and rooms should be vacated by 10am.
- Late departures maybe arranged on the day of departure subject to availability/additional fee.
- Only one car per pitch/room is allowed.
- Additional cars can be parked in the motel car park if available.
- Cars must be parked within the boundary of your pitch and as directed by the management.
- All vehicles must adhere to the 10 mph speed limit and roads must be kept clear at all times to allow for emergency vehicle access.
- Your vehicles, accessories and contents are left at your own risk. Briarfields will not be held responsible for loss or damage thereto from any cause.
- The charging of electric vehicles is NOT allowed from your electric point.
- Barbeques MUST never be placed inside tents, caravans, vehicles, motel or glamping accommodation under any circumstance. If burned inside, carbon monoxide can quickly reach dangerous levels and poisoning can be fatal.
- Barbeques must be kept well clear of the grass; they must be on legs or a stand. We have a stack of bricks adjacent to the washrooms for you to use.
- Barbeques must not cause annoyance to fellow guests.
- If you fail to comply with these rules, you may be asked to put it out immediately.
- We do not accept groups from single sex parties.
- We may accept block bookings solely at the discretion of the management; we do not book shared pitches.
- For everybody’s enjoyment please keep noise to considerate levels during the daytime.
- Between the hours of 10pm and 7am there should be no noise.
- Ensure you pack a torch when visiting Briarfields Motel & Touring Park; we try to keep our lighting levels low to avoid unnecessary light pollution.
- Due to the nature of caravan parks and campsites there could be some uneven ground in and around the park.
- Chemical toilets and waste water containers must only be emptied in the designated places provided.
- All pets must be kept under full control at all times.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Pets are not permitted in the communal buildings, including reception and the washrooms.
- Pets must be kept on your own pitch unless walking to and from your pitch.
- Pets are not allowed to urinate on park furniture, the water stations or other guests’ property.
- Pets must not be left unattended in vehicles, units or glamping units.
- Maximum of 2 dogs per pitch/pod unless by prior agreement with the management.
- Excessive barking or disturbances will not be tolerated.
- If you fail to comply with these rules, you may be asked to leave the park immediately with no refund given.
- No pets allowed in the rooms.
Recycling and Refuse
- All rubbish must be separated into General Waste, Dry and Mixed Recycling (paper, cardboard, metal cans, plastic) and Glass and placed in the relevant bins provided.
Laundry and Pot Wash
- The washing of clothes or pots is forbidden at the water stations – they are solely for drinking water.
- Washing lines must not be hung from trees, shrubs etc – please utilise the laundry facilities provided.
- Respect the park and other guests.
- Do not cause any damage to plants, trees or grass.
- Do not drop litter – place it in the bins provided.
- Do not intrude on your neighbour’s pitch or privacy.
- We reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person(s) whose conduct is detrimental to Briarfields or to other guests.
- The cleaning of vehicles, campervans, caravans, motorhomes on the pitch is not permitted.
- Plug-in electric heaters are not permitted in awnings or outdoors.
- Keep your pitch tidy and within your boundaries.
- The maximum pitch occupancy is 4 adults.
- Strictly only one tent/caravan/motorhome per pitch; please provide type and exact size of unit(s) when booking.
- On departure please ensure the pitch is left as you would wish to find it on arrival.
If you have a problem during your stay with us, please notify Reception staff immediately so we can help you. It is more difficult to investigate a complaint if we only hear about it after you have left.
Privacy & Confidentiality
24 hour CCTV and surveillance is in operation on the park for recording:
- The detection and prevention of crime.
- The protection and safety of customers, visitors, contractors and employees.
Modifications and park improvements are carried out continuously as we are Open all Year.
The park owners cannot be held responsible or liable for loss, damage or injury to property or persons on the park howsoever caused. Guests are advised to check that their insurance policies cover all personal and third party risk for the period of their stay.